Cold's Flu's & Virus'
Posted: March 04, 2020
To Our Parents and Students,
With the Coronavirus in the news this week, along with the cold and flu season still upon us, the Ellis Academy team wanted to let you know what we are doing to strengthen our "immune system."
- Our Academy already has hand sanitizer pumps at their front desk for parents, students and staff to use. We encourage students and parents to use the sanitizer when they enter and leave our facility and for students to utilize the sanitizer when they enter and exit the mat.
- For the time being, we request students no longer shake hands, or high five each other, or their instructors and instead, please just bow to each other and the instructor.
- When training, we request our students honour the "no shoes on the mat" policy. Please take off and put shoes on in the lobby.
- We are redoubling our efforts in making our schools the Cleanest Place In Town, by disinfecting our mats every night, along with disinfecting surfaces throughout our schools that experience a high volume of traffic and activity.
- If you are feeling feverish, please stay home and heal. We will be happy to provide private instruction to get you caught up when you return to your academy.
We are grateful for our extended family of parents and students and we will continue to do everything we can, in providing a safe and healthy environment in which to train. Please let me know if you have any questions.